This photo is from a collection I called the booby-trapped house! It was a repossessed home that had been badly sabotaged by the angry owners. Here they had cut the wires and removed the breakers to five different circuits in the electrical panel. Occasionally I will find panels with openings like this in the front, or even on the side of the electrical box where metal conduit would enter in. These are potentially serious safety hazards, as any unsuspecting person could put a finger into the panel and electrocute themselves. A very easy fix though, you can buy plastic plugs for under $5 at The Home Depot.